Personal Stories: Tooth Crowns
I just recently had crowns put on my teeth and thought I'd share my experience with you.
I'm forty and pride myself on how well I eat and take care of myself. I was quite upset six months ago to hear my dentist tell me that some of my teeth were becoming cracked. I didn't know teeth would just crack on their own. He explained that the grinding of my teeth at night, along with age, contributed to this, and that these teeth needed correction. I discussed the options with a cosmetic dentist, and crowns seemed to be the best of them. The cosmetic dentist also explained that my damaged and worn teeth would have an add strength and stability with crowns. My teeth grinding wore down portions of my teeth, making the tips of my middle and back teeth more susceptible to breakage.
The procedure was a lot simpler than I thought it would be, and the color of the porcelain matched my other teeth perfectly. My cosmetic dentist also helped out with how to stop the teeth grinding that led to this in the first place. Now my teeth are protected, stronger than ever, and should last a bit longer.
- Introduction to dental crowns section
- Dental crowns - an overview
- Who is a candidate for having teeth crowned?
- Tooth crowns - Procedure description
- Varieties of tooth crowns
- How much do dental crowns cost?
- Pros and cons of tooth crowns
- Dental crowns - Before and after photos
- Personal stories from people who have had tooth crowns
- Choosing a color for tooth crowns
- Discuss crowns with others
A guide to dental crowns and caps.