Personal Stories: Tooth Caps
I just recently had caps put on my teeth and thought I'd share my experience with you.
I'm 34 and pride myself on how well I eat and take care of myself. I was quite upset last year to hear my dentist tell me that some of my teeth were becoming cracked and weak. I didn't know teeth would just crack on their own. She explained that the grinding of my teeth at night, along with age, contributed to this, and that these teeth needed to be repaired. I discussed the options with a cosmetic dentist, and caps seemed to be the best of them. The cosmetic dentist also explained that my damaged and worn teeth would have an added strength and stability with caps. My teeth grinding wore down portions of my teeth, making the tips of my middle and back teeth more susceptible to further breakage.
The procedure was a lot simpler than I thought it would be, and the color of the porcelain matched my other teeth perfectly. My cosmetic dentist also helped out with how to stop the teeth grinding that led to this in the first place. Now my teeth are stronger than ever, and should last a good bit longer.
- Introduction to dental caps section
- Dental caps - an overview
- Who is a candidate for having teeth capped?
- Tooth caps - Procedure description
- Varieties of tooth caps
- How much do dental caps cost?
- Pros and cons of tooth caps
- Dental caps - Before and after photos
- Personal stories from people who have had tooth caps
- Picking a color for tooth caps
- Discuss caps with others
A guide to dental crowns and caps.