Advantages & Disadvantages of Teeth Whitening
Pros and Cons of Teeth WhiteningAdvantages:
People typically have their teeth whitened to improve their appearance. Whiter teeth are associated with beauty and a healthier lifestyle. When people have a brighter smile, they tend to smile more often and are less self-conscious.
In addition, a whiter smile tends to minimize the appearance of facial wrinkles, giving way to a more youthful and energetic appearance.
Finally, a whiter smile gives people to whom you are speaking a place to focus on and gives you a friendlier appearance.Disadvantages:
Although bleaching is very effective, there can be short term disadvantages, such as sore gums or teeth from the bleach. This disappears when bleach use is discontinued. Some individuals are more chemically sensitive. If you are one of them, inform your cosmetic dentist so that you can be tested for sensitivity to the solution.
Research indicates that bleaching is completely effective in more than 78% of people. In cases of serious teeth discoloration, bleaching may not be the best choice. Veneers or crowns may be the superior choice. Bleaching is usually the first solution to try due to its lower cost.
Some people experience discomfort from wearing the mouth tray. This typically goes away in short order, but if you suspect that there is a problem with the fit of your mouth tray, call your dentist's office. They can often make small adjustments that will minimize or eliminate the problem.
Next: Teeth bleaching photos
- Introduction to teeth whitening section
- How white can your teeth become?
- What causes your teeth to become discolored?
- Procedure description: Teeth whitening
- Typical cost of teeth whitening procedures
- Types of teeth whitening available
- The tray bleaching procedure to whiten your teeth
- How much does tray teeth bleaching cost?
- Laser teeth whitening
- How much does laser teeth whitening cost?
- Pros & cons of whitening your teeth
- Before and after photos - teeth whitening
- Personal experiences of teeth whitening patients
- Discuss teeth whitening in our discussion area