Types of Teeth Whitening Procedures Laser Whitening
There are a few teeth whitening procedures available that correct discoloration of the teeth by removing the brown and yellow staining. While each work effectively, there are advantages and disadvantages to each procedure dependent upon your objectives and commitment to the processes. The type of procedures available should be discussed with your cosmetic dentist, and a they will recommend the most appropriate teeth whitening procedure for you.
LASER BLEACHING (In-Office)
Using a laser with a whitening gel, this is an in-office bleaching system. The translucent bleaching gel is applied to the teeth and a laser light is used to activate the crystals to absorb the energy from the light and penetrate the teeth enamel to increase the lightening effect on the teeth. The length of time in the cosmetic dentist's chair depends on the degree of discoloration you have.
Advantage: One visit is usually all it takes for a bright smile.
Disadvantage: The sudden change of color is likely to be noticed by those around you immediately. This is the more expensive of the procedures available, but also the quickest.
- Introduction to teeth whitening section
- How white can your teeth become?
- What causes your teeth to become discolored?
- Procedure description: Teeth whitening
- Typical cost of teeth whitening procedures
- Types of teeth whitening available
- The tray bleaching procedure to whiten your teeth
- How much does tray teeth bleaching cost?
- Laser teeth whitening
- How much does laser teeth whitening cost?
- Pros & cons of whitening your teeth
- Before and after photos - teeth whitening
- Personal experiences of teeth whitening patients
- Discuss teeth whitening in our discussion area