What are Composite Resin Fillings?
What are composite resin fillings?
Most of us have had amalgam fillings (silver) or gold filling restorations. Some amalgam fillings were what we have called mercury fillings, as some amalgam fillings contained mercury. Metal fillings were effective, but very conspicuous and tended to blacken in color over time.
Composite resin dental fillings were created as an alternative to traditional metal dental fillings. Tooth fillings colored to look like a natural tooth are known as Composite Resin Dental Fillings, are made of a plastic dental resin. Composite Resin Dental Fillings are strong, durable, and make for a very natural looking smile. Many dental insurance plans cover their use.
- Introduction to dental fillings section
- Fillings for your teeth - an overview
- When are dental fillings called for?
- Procedure description: Dental fillings
- Types of tooth fillings - amalgam and resin
- How much do cavity fillings cost?
- Things to consider - Advantages and disadvantages
- Before and after photos - dental fillings
- Personal stories from people who have had their teeth filled
- Discuss fillings and cavities on the cosmetic dentistry message board