Composite Resin Filling Costs
How much do composite resin fillings cost?
Dental insurance plans usually consider the replacing of metal fillings with composite resin fillings to improve your smile a cosmetic procedure. But in the cases of a cracked fillings or broken fillings, your dentist can submit the required forms to your insurance. Typically your dental insurance coverage may reimburse you for these types of dental fillings. While most dental insurance coverage will only cover a percentage, usually 50% to 80%, of these fillings.
As composite resin fillings are more time consuming they are more expensive than amalgam fillings. Although costs vary across the country and by dental office, the cost of typical metal filling ranges from approximately $75 to $145 per filling, whereas a composite resin fillings range from $150 to $200 for a single surface white composite filling.
- Introduction to dental fillings section
- Fillings for your teeth - an overview
- When are dental fillings called for?
- Procedure description: Dental fillings
- Types of tooth fillings - amalgam and resin
- How much do cavity fillings cost?
- Things to consider - Advantages and disadvantages
- Before and after photos - dental fillings
- Personal stories from people who have had their teeth filled
- Discuss fillings and cavities on the cosmetic dentistry message board