Advantages & Disadvantages of Tooth Bonding
Pros and Cons of Tooth Bonding
Advantages of dental bonding:
Esthetics is the big advantage over silver fillings. As silver does not stick to teeth, entirely healthy tooth structure is usually removed to keep a silver filling in place. Composites permit your cosmetic dentist to remove only the decayed area of your tooth. Unlike silver fillings, composite bonding expand just like your teeth and are much less likely to cause cracks in your tooth. Composites bond directly to the tooth providing support. Composites can be used to fill in cracks, chips and gaps - and will match the color of your other teeth.
Disadvantages of the dental bonding procedures:
Bonding with composites simply costs more in material and time.
- Introduction to tooth bonding
- What is it and how long does tooth bonding last?
- Procedure description: cosmetic tooth bonding
- What types of cosmetic dental bonding are there?
- Who is a candidate for the dental bonding procedure?
- How much does tooth bonding cost?
- What are the pros and cons of the dental bonding procedure?
- Before and after photos - dental bonding
- Personal stories from tooth bonding patients
- Discuss dental bonding on the Cosmetic Dentistry Message Board